Do not lie on the CV
Life has taught me a few rules about work life. When looking for employment or projects, some principles need to be followed.
- I shall not take a job that goes against my convictions - which generally means I will not work for an activity that hurts or promotes hurting other people physically or mentally.
- When I interview, the interview goes in both directions. Before accepting your job offer, I have done thorough research on what you do and your work environment.
- Work environment must encourage and accept the principals of mutual openness and continual improvement.
- I shall accept only jobs/projects that I am certain I can live up to.
- Sometimes it is better to be an external consultant than an employee, and I am open for both options.
- There is no such thing as job security. Anything can change at any time.
- Do not lie on the CV.
- US Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS) tend to insult me every time I entered the US and made it very clear that I was not wanted in the USA. I intend not to have that experience again. (Though this is an issue I have with the INS, not with American residents.)